Explore the exciting opportunities available in our company by clicking on the positions listed below. Whether you are a skilled Service Manager/Dispatcher, a driven Sales Engineer/Project Manager, a knowledgeable Refrigeration Service Technician, or a talented Form Designer, we have a perfect role for you. Discover the responsibilities, requirements, and benefits associated with each position and take the first step towards a rewarding career with us.
The service manager/dispatcher plays a critical role in overseeing and coordinating the daily operations of our service department. This position requires a combination of technical knowledge, leadership skills, and effective communication to ensure efficient and responsive service to clients while managing a team of service technicians.
- Supervise a team of HVAC/R service technicians, prepare and manage service contracts, receive and prioritize service requests, assign service calls and dispatch technicians based on workload and technician expertise, order parts and equipment, coordinate delivery of parts with in-house truck drivers, communicate with customers to confirm service appointments, address customer inquiries/concerns/complaints in a professional and courteous manner, maintain records of parts/tools/equipment inventory, review accuracy and proper completion of service work orders, maintain safety training records for service technicians, maintain company fleet.
- Prior experience in a supervisory or managerial role, strong organizational and problem-solving skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, knowledge of HVAC/R industry trends/equipment/technologies.
Sales Engineer/Project Manager
The sales engineer/project manager is a multifaceted role responsible for generating sales revenue through quoted projects and service while managing projects from inception to completion. This position demands a blend of technical expertise, sales acumen, and project management skills to effectively deliver HVAC/R solutions to clients.
- Identify and target potential clients, conduct needs assessments and site visits to understand client requirements, collaborate with engineering team to develop customized solutions and proposals to meet client needs, present and explain proposals to clients, negotiate contracts and pricing to secure sales agreements, stay updated on the latest HVAC/R technologies/products/industry trends, manage the entire project lifecycle from project initiation to closeout, allocate resources efficiently to ensure projects are adequately staffed and equipped, procure necessary materials/equipment/subcontractors for project execution, manage project schedules and timelines, maintain accurate project documentation (contracts, change orders, submittals, etc.), foster strong client relationships through effective communication and excellent service.
- Proven sales experience, prior experience in HVAC/R industry, strong technical knowledge of HVAC/R systems and technologies, excellent communication and presentation skills, Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously, knowledge of HVAC/R industry regulations and codes, Drivers license with clean driving record.
Refrigeration Service Technician
This position is responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing commercial/industrial refrigeration systems. This role requires specialized knowledge of refrigeration equipment, including large-scale and complex systems commonly used in cold distribution facilities, food processing facilities, supermarkets, and ice skating rinks.
- Troubleshoot/Diagnose/Repair refrigeration equipment, perform startup and commissioning on new refrigeration equipment, conduct routine maintenance inspections to identify and address potential issues proactively, safely handle/recover/charge refrigerants in compliance with environmental regulations, maintain accurate records of refrigerant usage, stay updated on the latest refrigeration technologies/equipment/industry practices, adhere to safety protocols and ensure compliance with industry regulations and codes, maintain detailed records of service and repair activities, generate service reports and submit them in a timely manner, communicate equipment conditions and recommendations to clients, ensure a high level of customer satisfaction by delivering quality service, be available for on-call duty for emergency repairs and service requests, respond promptly to emergency calls.
- 5+ years experience in commercial refrigeration, Massachusetts Refrigeration Technicians License EPA certificate for handling refrigerants, NFPA certification for performing hot works, Drivers license with clean driving record.